Friday, March 27, 2009

One Busy Week...

Wow, what a busy week for me and little Wyatt. We're getting more brave in our adventures into the "real world." It's a good time a life for the little fella as he just sits in his little car seat and sleeps most of the time, but is sometimes willing to open his eyes and engage in the world!!

On Wednesday, Wyatt and I took a little trip to Pops and Mimi's. I had wanted to start and finish some baby gifts and other sewing projects that Mrs. Barbara is so kind to help me with. We had a great time just creating and embroidering these little gifts!! Could this be a future family business?!!!!


Yesterday was also a big day for Wyatt! He had his two month checkup with Dr. Beall. This not only means a physical exam, but it means that he has to get vaccinated!!! Oh my - how in the world would I react?! Would I be so overwhelmed with sadness that my sweet little boy was in pain or would I be fine with it?! Let me just give you a short description of how these visits go. You are brought back to the exam room and have to strip your child down to nothing but his diaper (which is SO adorable) and then he goes and gets weighed. You come back into the exam room and lay him down on the paper so that he can be measured for length. Then the doctor comes in and chats about his routine and makes sure that you're putting his car seat in the rear facing position, etc. Then she does a physical exam and tells you just how much progress the baby is making, etc. That was basically the format for yesterday, but ended with a nurse coming in the room at the end to give Wyatt his shots. He had to get 3 little shots in his little legs and one vaccine by mouth. He was a CHAMP!!! We layed him on the exam table and I held his little arms while the nurse gave him two shots in the left leg and one shot in the right leg. Oh, he cried so hard and his sweet face turned red, but once I was able to pick him up he quieted down within 30 seconds and seemed okay with his situation!! The callous and cold person I am - I did not cry. What kind of mother does that make me?! Oh my! David on the other hand did tear up. I guess one of has to be sympathetic!! All in all, it was a great checkup. Wyatt now weighs 12 lbs 9 oz and is 23 1/2" long!! He's a growing boy and is in the 75th percentile for both weight and height - perfectly proportioned!! Here is is with his little war wound - no worse for wear!!!


He is doing so well and is such a good little boy who really only cries when he is hungry and has a dirty diaper! We're blessed. So blessed, that we're afraid to have another one (for now)!! Quiet Wyatt is what we always say!!! Oh, and he has a new little friend. Recently, I started laying him down for naps and to sleep with a little "lovie" that we had lovingly called Mr. Rabbit. It is the cutest thing! If Wyatt is a little fussy and doesn't want to go down right away, I just turn him on his side and he grabs onto Mr. Rabbit and all is right with the world! Thought y'all might enjoy some pictures. Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. My eyes did get a bit moist, but no tears escaped or anything! Not that there's anything wrong with that.... ;-)

    -DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute baby! You aren't a horrible mother for not crying (I say that b/c I didn't cry either and I know I'm not a horrible mother ;) I did feel bad for her too. He's a big guy! Caroline only weighs about 13lbs. She's a long little noodle. Good for her that she has Daddy's genes. Sounds like you are doing awesome.

    ReplyDelete