Thursday, March 19, 2009

Getting back to Bringing Home the Bacon...

Last week I took Wyatt to meet the folks that I work with! It's funny because they saw me 5 days a week while I was pregnant, got to see my tummy grow (and my booty and my face, etc.) and then !poof! I was gone on maternity leave. Your coworkers are left wondering what is going on in your world! It was so fun to see everyone and to hear the comments about how big he is and all. It was really invigorating for me to be out in the world again. I really enjoy staying at home with Wyatt, but I am a creature of habit and routine...and babies are not always the same! While I will miss him during the day (a whole lot), I think it will do me some good to be back in the workforce! Never thought I would say that!

Wyatt has started cooing and smiling so much this last week! What a milestone! I just love it when he wakes up in the morning and smiles and laughs so big as I'm changing his diaper -- something he used to hate. He is able to focus more on faces and I think he's starting to recognize voices, though I'm not totally sure about that!

Wyatt had his first little playdate (with a non-family member) last night. I had supper at Tabatha Hill's house last night. Now she is a mother who has got it together! She is a teacher, is currently 7 months pregnant and is going to school to get her specialist degree all while caring for her 17 month old daughter and husband!! Whew...I'm exhausted just writing that! She is such a wonderful role model and is such a great mother. Her daughter Addison is such a spirited child! She is so active and SO smart! It was so fun to Addison sit next to Wyatt and pat him on the back to help me burp him after I fed him! She of course is still learning to be gentle with babies, but will be a great big sister to baby Brayden-James.

All in all, I have about a week and a half before I leave my sweet boy in the care of some very capable folks and go back into the workforce!! I'm thankful to have a husband who is supportive and who is willing to take his turn feeding Wyatt and washing dishes!! It'll be bittersweet, but will be nice to be a functioning member of society again!! Until then...

1 comment:

  1. You have such a positive attitude about things...I love it! So glad everything is going so well for you.

    ReplyDelete