Saturday, March 7, 2009

So I'm Finally Gonna Do It...

..this blog thing, I mean. I've seen so many other little families that have a blog and it is so fun to see all the pictures and the updates. So, here is our little family and our contribution to the blogging world!! Hope you enjoy!

First off, my husband David and I were married August 20, 2004. It was a beautiful time of year to get married and we have had such a wonderful life. He is such a wonderful husband - I could not ask for a better match!

Early on in 2008, we decided that we may want to add to our little family. We found out in May of that year that we were expecting! What a joy! We found out that Summer that we were having a little boy!! This was exciting and scary all at the same time, because we have mostly little girls in our family -- I wasn't so sure about this boy thing! What was I going to do?! Luckily, my cousin April had Ethan in June of that year...I knew she would be a champ and pave the way. I am so thankful for her as she has been such an invaluable resource and SO close to me during my first weeks as a new mom!

Little Wyatt Michael Thorpe was born on January 25, 2009 @ 4:02pm much to his parents' and grandparents' delight!! He is such a joy! He is now 6 weeks old and each day is a learning experience!! Motherhood is so joyful (and tearful and stressful and wonderful and...I could go on and on)! We still haven't mastered the long stretch of sleep at night, but I'm confident we'll get it -- hopefully sooner rather than later!

I can't wait to see how our little man will grow - who he will look like and what his little personality will be like! I'm so thankful that the Lord saw fit to add him to our little family and I can't wait to see what God has in store for our Wyatt. I pray that he becomes a man after God's heart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment