Wednesday, February 3, 2010

One Year Checkup!

Our sweet baby boy is now a whole year old.  I cannot even believe it!!  He's just SO big now.  I had the "pleasure" of taking him to the pediatrician on Tuesday for his visit.  We saw Dr. Spinnato who was helping Dr. Beall while she had been out with a knee injury.  I really liked her.

Wyatt's Stats:
Weight: 22 pounds and 9 ounces -- 45th percentile
Height: 31" -- 85th percentile

I thought he would be heavier than that -- funny!!  When you carry them all of the time, I guess you sometimes overestimate them.  Everything else checked out great.  He got the flu vaccine along with 2 other shots and he was a CHAMP!!  He even got a little toe prick for Hemoglobin and to check for lead.  Didn't even flinch!  That's our boy -- just a laid back little fella.

Overall, he's doing great.  We're moving him to whole milk and try to get him off of the bottle and drinking only with a sippy cup.  He loves his bottle, so that may take a little while!

Some of the things Wyatt does now:

- He babbles more and says more sounds that "dadada", like "nonny-nonny-nonny", "mamamama", and some random "rrrrr" sound!!  Heehee!!

- He is walking very well and doesn't fall nearly as much.  He can bend down and pick up objects off of the floor without falling!!

- He eats mostly table food and does take milk/formula 3 times a day.

-He can wave bye-bye.  It's more like he's holding his hand up in the air and then moves his fingers.  It's cute, though.  We're working on blowing kisses.

-He likes to read with Mommy.  Favorite book before bed is "I Love You Through and Through."  Nonna bought us that book.
- He still only has about 4 teeth - 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom.  We're gonna have to get some dentures soon...
- He loves to cuddle, especially when he wakes up after you give him his bottle.

Wyatt is such a joy.  You don't really remember what your life was like before you had kids!!  All I know is that it is fulfilled!!!  Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Fulfilled I agree...being a mom is the most wonderful job ever...dont we just love our little boys!!!

    ReplyDelete