Monday, March 1, 2010

First Trip Away



I know that I have neglected my little blog for a bit.  We have just been so busy that my next post will be of some of what we've been doing this past month - playdates, snow, etc.  Well, David and I (thanks to my parents) were able to get away with 2 other couples this weekend.  We've had a night away from Wyatt here or there, but never an entire weekend.  It was time!!  Here are just a few pictures.  Hope you enjoy.  The picture above is of our friends' cabin near Bryson City, NC.  They are always so gracious to share it with us.  They rent it year round, so if you're interested, just let me know in a comment and I'll email you the info!!



The picture on the right is actually a Helipad near the Ranger Station near the Joyce Kilmer National Forest.




 
This is Obadiah Gap on the Cherahola Skyway.  The Skyway actually goes to Elev. 5400 ft.  We didn't go quite that far as the roads were a bit too icy for my "chicken" self!!
Me and Sara
My Sweetie and I

 
On our way home...we stopped at a place called the Batesville General Store.  It was pretty good eatin'!!  Here's my sweet love after his meal of a double cheeseburger and fries!

We had so much fun with our friends.  It was nice to just get away and relax.  Mountain living is so laid back and fun!!  It was back to work today, but we cherished our time in the mountains!!  Thanks Sara and Jeremy!!  Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. I HAD ONION RINGS MAN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you two got a weekend away. How did you do it? We've had a night away but I'm so nervous to do a weekend. I need it though. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of you and your adult time...I hope that you had a wonderful trip. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete