Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!

I don't know if I every truly appreciated this holiday until I became a mother.  Rewind to last year's Mother's Day.  I had about a 3 1/2 month old and my world was VERY different!!!  I was loving life, but on little sleep and lots of uncertainty!!  Fast forward to this year...I now have a 15 month old who is FULL of life and BUSY!!!  Still moments of uncertainty, but the increased amount of sleep is helpful!!!

My husband was just wonderful - I got a wonderful meal at my favorite restaurant, Calvert's, a gift certificate for "the ultimate pedicure" and a "bling-bling" phone cover!!!!  He and Wyatt did great!!!  I will say that it was a bit of a trying weekend at times.Wyatt has been sick most of the week and is on an antibiotic.  He had a fever all Friday night and Saturday day and night -- poor buddy!!  He's just been fussy and clingy because of that and him teething.  He's still a champ throughout the whole thing.  Plus, I don't mind snuggling with him in the mornings and at night - I sometimes miss those times.  Oh, and I'm on call!!!  Don't know why I do this stuff to myself sometimes!!

David and I got to visit with both our moms!!  SO fun to just see them and be with them.  I have come to appreciate them both SO much more since having Wyatt.  I've always appreciated them and loved them both so much, but knowing how patient and kind both of them are just make me love them more.  It's hard to be patient with kids...and both my own mom and Mrs. Barbara have the patience of Job!!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those women!!!

We've got a busy couple of weeks coming up...gotta get some rest soon!!  Until then...

1 comment: