Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!

It's a special day at the Thorpe house today!! It is David's First Father's Day!!! We were thinking back to last year at this time and just thinking that I was about 7 weeks pregnant with Wyatt and we had decided to tell our parents! Now, a year later - here we are with a sweet little 5 month old who is the light of our lives!! We are both so new to parenthood, but hope we're taking it to it well.

I'll take this time to talk about 3 fathers in my life -- my husband, my own Daddy and my father-in-law!

David is such a wonderful father. He is so in love with Wyatt and it's so sweet to see David's face when he sees Wyatt!! David is so helpful and I'm so very thankful for that. This is a new role in his life and one we are both learning is a sacrifice. Parenthood is very rewarding, but is hard work. Getting up in the middle of the night, thinking about when the next mealtime is, etc. David is so good at reading Wyatt and figuring out what could be wrong. He plays with Wyatt and loves to make Wyatt laugh!! It's so neat to see David grow as a Father and move into this new role!! He is such a great helper to me and for that I am ever greatful. He loves Wyatt so much and it is so evident in his actions and words. He prays for Wyatt and lifts his sweet little life before the Lord -- praying that Wyatt will one day give his life to the Lord. He also prays for himself in that he will be a godly example for Wyatt. Thank you David for being my husband and the father of our son!!! I love you so much, David!!

My dad...wow! What do I say? He is the essence of sacrifice and an example of thoughfulness! My dad would ALWAYS tell me that he loved me and would always make every holiday special -- from Valentine's Day to Nurse's Day (even to my first Mother's Day this year)!! I always knew that I was loved and always felt safe with him. An example of a godly father who always steered me in the right direction. As he has a new role as grandfather, it's been neat to see the different way he loves Wyatt...but with just as much admiration and love he has for me (if not more)!! I love you, Daddy!

Mr. Sam...what a wonderful man! I have not known Mr. Sam in the father-in-law for terribly long, but I have always felt welcome and loved!! I admire the time he spends with his children and grandchildren. I admire the great example of a husband he is and the love that he has for Mrs. Barbara! He is such a godly man and tries to instill Christian values in his children -- and now grandchildren (no matter how young they are). Thank you for who you are, Mr. Sam! Love you much!!

Fatherhood is not always easy, but the men in my life are so great at it! I think a huge part of fatherhood is the safety and comfort provided to your family. The fathers in my life are hugely successful at this! I have always felt safe and loved!! It's not easy, but my husband, my dad and my father-in-law are excellent fathers and such great examples of godly men to Wyatt!! I love you all and thank the Lord for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment